I am a current student, and I have had to learn how to schedule my day very quickly at the beginning of this year. Just to give you an idea of what I will be trying to get you to do, here is my schedule.
- 4:00 - Get up. I get up at this time because I have a lost of homework to do. I choose 4am because it gives me time to go downstairs and make coffee and catch up on social media before getting started.
- 4:30 - Homework. I will do whatever homework needs to be done. I am not one to schedule when to do different tasks (more on this later), I just go by importance.
- 6:30 - Breakfast and get ready. After doing homework for a while, I go downstairs and have a chat to my family while I have breakfast, then head back upstairs to get ready for school and pack all my books that I need.
- 7:20 - Leave for school. I catch the bus to school, so I use this time to chill out. I listen to music, talk to friends and just take my mind off school and the upcoming day as best as possible.
- 8:00 - Start School
- 15:00 - Finish School
- 16:00 - Get home
- 16:20 - Homework and snack. I just do light homework here, maybe some maths problems or some light research. I am never really in the frame of mind to do anything heavy now.
- 17:15 - Gym. I am a crossfit athlete so I go to a crossfit gym and this is the time I go every day. It is a good way to unwind and get all of the stresses of life out, but also something to work on and a way to feel good about yourself.
- 19:00 - Homework. This is where I really get down to it. Study, heavy homework, study skype calls (I'll write a post on this later).
- 21:30 - Bed. Because I get up early, this is when I try to go to bed every night.
What you should aim for in a schedule is plenty of time for homework, and some time to relieve stress when you cannot do homework. The reason I believe this is important is because if you don't you will start getting wrapped up in the work and you won't be able to just take a step back, which is incredibly helpful.
My suggestion is to just try a schedule for a while, adding in things until it is working for you and the schedule is full.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and stay tuned another one next Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment